Verse of the day

Saturday, June 14, 2008

HOW IS YOUR EYESITE?

22)The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be clear, thy whole body shall be full of light.

23)But if thine is bad, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness


Through what kind of lense are we viewing life,through a clear lense or one that is smudged and dirty and difficult to see through.In this passage Jesus is not talking about our natural eyesite of course,but the eye of the soul.If the lense in the eye of our soul is smudged by sin,or by the vain philosophy of this world,or by our fleshly nature than our view of life is severly tainted.We shall experience a darkness of the soul that will be a great darkness,a darkness that will obscure the clear direction that God has for our lifes.But on the other hand,if through faith in Jesus and a full surrender to His Lordship my eye is clear,my soul shall be filled with glorious light from the Father of Lights.I will then be able to see clearly life and even myself from God's perspective,thus enabling me to see clearly God's direction for my life. How about it,how are you seeing life?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great stuff, nice to see a fellow believer in Christ spreading the good word! Eyes are interesting, because our minds tend to attach either positive or negative things to what we see depending on our perception, whether it be hopeful, or hopeless, etc. Much love and light and thanks for the post!

MySharona said...

As long as they eyes are working properly then they will be able to perceive things as they actually are. When are vision is good, we can maneuver through the world in safety, avoiding obstacles to our path. But if our eyes are blinded, we will not be able to walk through this world in safety, alas, we are likely to encounter danger at every stop.

JESUS IS THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD and therefore if our eyes are clear and working correctly, we will not stumble as if we are walking in the dark. We will then not lose our way.

May God bless you.

arkamat said...

That idea is nicely thought about. I am a non-christian guy and that's why I think I this might be taken from the Bible.

Erin said...

I read this in a time in my life where I am searching to find my connection with God again. It really inspired me to keep going on my path to building a better relationship with him. Thank you.